New echinaceas today.... July 12

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

New echinaceas today.... July 12

Post by caliloo »

Yep, I went shopping again!

HOPE

COCONUT LIME

GREEN ENVY

SUNDOWN
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Looks like a nice haul! Though I must be one of only a few that doesn't care for Coconut Lime or Geen Envy personally!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I'm hooked on coneflowers! But I really thought Coconut Lime and Green Envy would be greener. Isn't that what you were expecting? I really love my two Sunrise coneflowers, but I had to hurry and get them in the ground so they aren't exactly where I had planned to put them.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Love 'em ..have a couple of those myself.
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Coconut Lime is definitely white with a greenish cast. I am okay with it though because I needed a white one for a particulat spot and debated between this one and Maid Marian (a white Razzmatazz) but went with this one because I like the name :lol:

Green Envy is not showing the color well in the photo I sustect, or the bloom is older. The petals are quite pink at the center and really are quite green at the edges. I am going to stick it in my pink bed for now, so we'll see how it works in there.... Sometimes these novelty things are hard to find a good spot where they lookg good.

They were all on sale at my local nursery though, so I "had" to get them. I am really debating on Tiki Torch.... I probably should have gotten one of them too.... but it is that ORANGE that I don't use in my garden.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for looking and I am of to search for more varieties!

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

caliloo wrote: I am really debating on Tiki Torch.... I probably should have gotten one of them too.... but it is that ORANGE that I don't use in my garden.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: .. :roll: .. :roll: .. :roll: .. :roll: .. :roll:

Naaaaaa.......you won't like it......send it to ME!! I have NO cone flowers...... :o .....I will have to look at Chris's when we go there.... :lol: :lol: :lol: .... :wink:
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I had ordered Tiki Torch this spring but due to a crop failure did not get. I think I may wait and see what people say about it now...unless I just find a great deal on it! It is that orange( I don't know how to make colored print????) that I really like!! :bd:

LG you must get some Echinacea!!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

OK - I'm only slightly confused, Alexa. You have most of your hostas dug up & potted because you're moving, but you're buying echinaceas for that 'particular spot'?? :hmm:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Sorry Reldon! You must have missed the chapter where my DH decided not to take the new job.... I am staying put and planning new beds as I type! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - those potted hostas will come in darn handy for the hosta swap - my swappee will be getting a few of those babies that have been getting the extra care on my patio for the last couple of months!

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:cool: plants Alexa! I must have missed that chapter too. Glad you're back to having fun gardening.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

:o :???: [insert spinning head emoticon here]

Yep - I definitely missed that chapter. Glad to hear that you're back to gardening again. :)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply