Spider Lilies

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Spider Lilies

Post by oldcoot »

Not considered true Lilies so OC thought he would post them on this forum. Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL fall day here is SC. Bright sunshine not too hot and OC GOT OUTSIDE with Joy keeping him in tow. No h wasn't walking, but in his "hover round." A friend visiting him yesterday told him about them in bloom,and nothing would do after they left there was nothing to go out and take some pictures. HOORAY. outside in the sun...............OC
Attachments
piders Lilies - Oct 2008.jpg
piders Lilies - Oct 2008.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
Cu Spiderlilies (2).jpg
Cu Spiderlilies (2).jpg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
tsneal

Re: Spider Lilies

Post by tsneal »

Beautiful!

Sure wish they were hardy here :(
Stephanie
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

OC you made my wish come true! :D

I just thought to myself just now when logging in, how good it is to see you posting again, and would I loooovve to see some of OCs pictures! Seriously, I really did, just now! :D

And what do I find....!!!! OCs pictures!!!!!! Yippppeeeee!!!!

OC, I am so thrilled to hear you got outside today!!!! That is so awesome!!! And so glad you were able to take some photos! Lovely lilies....What a treat!!!

Keep up the good work on your recovery!!!

Thank you, Joy, for taking such good care of OC. I hope you take time to take care of yourself, too!

God Bless!!!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I'm with you Charla!!! I am soooo happy to see these......and I did not know that surprise lilies came in orange??: :hmm:....isn't that what these are? Mine are pink.....I want orange.....:lol:

Love you Coot!! I have been so busy.....today is our neighbor's chili cook off, and I am always busy with this poochie, Willie..... :lol: .....Thanks for the heads up in my e-mail John......now I am off to see doggie pictures...... :wink:

BTW......Beautiful pictures!!!! Thanks!!! :cool:
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Beautiful lilies!!! I'd love to have that color too. I have the old fashioned pink ones that my grandma called 'surprise lilies'. They aren't blooming this year tho.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Beautiful OC!!! I love those!

Unfortunately, Lucy, those of us here in zone 5 have to settle for our pink ones, as the other ones aren't hardy here :( But we can enjoy OC's pretty pictures of his! :D
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Thanks for the Comments on the pictures. Sorry, but it is Raining again today. Logged on Halson's forum for a bright spot OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply