Waiting Patiently

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

lazygardner

Waiting Patiently

Post by lazygardner »

All these poor dahlias are waiting patiently for me to have time to put them in the ground:
DSCN0033 dahlias in pots.JPG

Some are really starting to grow:
DSCN0032 patiently waiting.JPG
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Re: Waiting Patiently

Post by Pandora »

At least they are all in pots and will grow just fine.
One time I left some bulbs in a paper bags and they dried up to nothing.

Looks somewhat like my hostas in pots in the drive. :lol: :lol:
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I finally figured out where each one is going to be planted...
... if they get planted :eek: Do you think this group will have enough room? There is a clematis President behind the group, spring bulbs on the right side of the group, a sad looking clematis Dr Ruppel on the left and grass (sortof) in front of the group.
DSCN0050 Use.JPG
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

I only have 3 sets of dahlias, so I am no expert, but..

I think that looks just fine. They are not that bushy and you will have to dig them in the Fall.
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Thank you Pandora.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Looks better than mine.....mine are still in a paper bag in the basement.... :o
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

:lol: Oh Lucy Goosey, it is time to get to planting!! Of course, you won't be snowed on as soon as I will, so you have more time to waste. (Have you ever noticed the less time you have the more you get accomplished?)
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

That is going to be GORGEOUS when they bloom - please be sure to post photos when they do.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: Maybe this weekend.....If it doesn't get to hot for me.....yesterday was great 60's..... :cool:
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

It is nice outside now, so I am hoping to get out there and get those flowers in the ground. I'm going to Hallson's Sunday and then I will be terrribly behind in my planting, so I need to get as much in the ground as I can now! I'll be sure to post pics when they bloom. I sure hope they aren't going to be too close together. We will see! Here's hoping for good planting weather this weekend for Lucy and for us all! :D
New Topic Post Reply