My Coneflowers Reseeded

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

My Coneflowers Reseeded

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I found seedlings of Sunrise coneflowers in my flower bed so I gave one to my daughter. She's getting some fringe benefits for the help she gives us.

I need to go check another bed to see if there are seedlings of other varieties.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: My Coneflowers Reseeded

Post by Chris_W »

About 95% of the time the seedlings will be purple or pale pink, or at least that's what they've been doing here, but they all will carry over the fragrant genes. Some of mine have been huge flowers, too. Here is one with a flower larger than my hand.

I also have a couple orange seedlings here that have been prettier than their parents, so you never know :D
Attachments
Seedling from Echinacea 'Sunset'
Seedling from Echinacea 'Sunset'
Midnight Reiter Too

Re: My Coneflowers Reseeded

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Chris_W wrote:About 95% of the time the seedlings will be purple or pale pink, or at least that's what they've been doing here, but they all will carry over the fragrant genes. Some of mine have been huge flowers, too. Here is one with a flower larger than my hand.

I also have a couple orange seedlings here that have been prettier than their parents, so you never know :D
Oh, I had NO idea! Well, my granddaughter will be happier with pink ones. And I can't imagine the flowers that big. I'll ask my daughter to call me when it blooms.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
New Topic Post Reply