Amazing perennial Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant'

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Amazing perennial Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant'

Post by Chris_W »

Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant' continues to impress this year, and this is only the 3rd season for these. I need to take a tape measure, but each flower dwarfs my hand, I bet they are easily a foot across. Right now they are over 6 feet tall, which isn't exactly a record for height, but I've never seen a flower this big.

We will be offering these again in the spring :)
Attachments
Hibiscus-Pink-Elephant.jpg
impatience

Re: Amazing perennial Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant'

Post by impatience »

Chris, I was amazed at the beautiful pink flowers from the one I got from you last spring. Huge flowers-at least a foot across. I really like this one.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Amazing perennial Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant'

Post by Chris_W »

I'm so happy to hear that your Hibiscus 'Pink Elephant' flowered for you! I had one customer claim their's, so that always gets me wondering how the other ones we shipped performed. The one thing that can set any of the perennial hibiscus back is too much water when they are dormant, and that can sometimes kill them. Since they break dormancy very late some people think they need more water to make them grow, but that's the opposite of what they really want and they often won't start sprouting until after the soil dries out in the spring. They just sit there and do nothing, then it warms up around early June and they take off like a rocket :D

Yup, I've grown a lot of different ones, but I really like this one too :D
New Topic Post Reply