Sedum Mr. Goodbud Problem

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Sedum Mr. Goodbud Problem

Post by Patrushka »

What is wrong with this sedum? What should I do about it? Thanks for any help you can offer. :D

Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: Sedum Mr. Goodbud Problem

Post by kHT »

Pat I picked a variegated one last year at the big box store and after I got it home and took a closer look at it I
found some leaves at the bottom like your. I move it in the holding area away from all the other plants. What I did
do was remove the bad looking leaves and allowed it to grow. In the fall I cut it back and this year so far no problems
with the leaves. I've still haven't sunk it into the ground and since it looks better have moved it to the front door
area. Wishing you the best.

Ya know Pat, I'm one that will cut the sick stuff back to the ground and let it regrow. Ya got time on this one?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: Sedum Mr. Goodbud Problem

Post by Patrushka »

Thanks Karma. :D That's exactly what I was thinking about doing. :wink: I guess I just needed someone to encourage me to go ahead and do it. I'm thinking this might be because of our cold, wet spring. I've never seen this on any of the sedums before. Yes, I think there is plenty of time and there should still be some healthy looking stalks left after I cut the ugly ones off.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply