Another Question.

Use this area to discuss garden prep, soils, composting, and other related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

SnowCrazed

Another Question.

Post by SnowCrazed »

Stump Romoval. I have a wicked mean little Mulberry stump that borders my back yard and a neighbor's backyard through the wire fence. I cant really did it out cause of where it is, but if I dont get rid of it it resprouts everywhere. I don't have the $$$ to hire anyone to rid me of it so it has to be manual. I was thinking of burning it out, but wouldnt want someone to call the fire depoartment on me...any suggestions?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

They have stuff at Menards that you can use.....I forget the name, but go to the Hardware department and ask......While your there, tell Kizzy I said Hey.... :lol: Anyway, you drill holes and pour this stuff in the holes.....

Good Luck..... :D
SnowCrazed

Post by SnowCrazed »

I might have to try that. Burning it sounds more.....gratifying somehow. Burn ya bastid burn!!!
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Menard's Stump Remover did not work for me but then I wasn't able to drill substantial holes into the stumps. I use my two stumps (that are cut level to the ground) as bases for containers. Both grow mushrooms but no resprouts. Brush-B-Gone controls the sucker growth on our crabapple.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Things like that is the only thing where I can accept the use of Round Up... here is what normaly help with the regrowt.

In spring when they start to sprout you cut off some branches and brush the stap with Round Up...use a brush and dip it in pure Round Up... do not waste a drop on any other things.... Check it a couples of times in the next few months, you may need to do it once again... then it die. For the stump, just leave it or cut in it for water rot :-? :oops:
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply