Bringing in geraniums during the winter

Use this area to discuss garden prep, soils, composting, and other related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

kidzdad

Bringing in geraniums during the winter

Post by kidzdad »

My wife has a hanging basket with geraniums in it. She wants to bring it in this winter to see if it will act like a perennial next year. Do geraniums do this? What should I do to store them? :D
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

DH's cousin did them last year. And I'm going to give it a try this year. (If I dont forget :roll: ) I want to think she cut them back and stored them in the basement. Gave them a little drink now and then. I'm going to find out from her for sure how she did it. Cause I have some Daturas I want to do this with also.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Becky in PA

Post by Becky in PA »

I just asked this question (or a similar one) a couple of weeks ago in the Annuals forum, and I got a couple of very useful replies. It's only about 8 or 10 threads down from the top.

I used to keep ivy geraniums in a sunny windowsill all winter. This year I'm going to keep some in my mom's little greenhouse, but the others I will try storing some in the basement and will also take cuttings.

Becky in PA
New Topic Post Reply