Anyone ever used Earth Boxes?

Use this area to discuss garden prep, soils, composting, and other related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justaysam

Anyone ever used Earth Boxes?

Post by Justaysam »

I just received 2 that I am going to put tomatoes in. I have not even taken them from the shipping box yet. Anyone ever used them? Just wondering. I will let you all know how they work out.
TrawlerJohn

Post by TrawlerJohn »

I used them for tomatoes last year; was not impressed. In fact I have three that I would happily sell at a very resonable price. I also planted similar plants directly in the soil close to the earth boxes, they grew as well as if not better than the earth box ones.

Guess you can count me as a non-believer!

John
John
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Thanks for your response John. I didn't really try it to get superior tomatoes or anything, I just don't have any full sun area of ground to plant them in, LOL. I actually have them at the curb, out in front of the house at the edge of our property. I won't say they are doing any better than any other tomato plants I have ever planted in the ground, but they are thriving and putting out flower buds, so I think it may work for me and produce some fruit. I will post as the season goes on if I get any tomatoes out of the boxes. I have 2 plants in 2 boxes. It is kind of hard for me to keep them watered every day, as to not let the system shut down, kind of a pain to drag the hose out to the street each day. Not sure I will be able to keep up with that all summer, we'll see. Thanks for being honest about your experience with the boxes!
New Topic Post Reply