I HAVE A ROSE BLOOMING.....

Use this area to discuss roses.

Moderator: Chris_W

floridagurl47
USDA Zone: 8A-B

I HAVE A ROSE BLOOMING.....

Post by floridagurl47 »

:P :P :P

i went out this morning and saw one of my rose bushes in bloom...i was doing a happy dance....its dark pink and very fragrant.....i cant remember the name of it....

my mom loved roses, so last yr carl bought a collection of all different rose bushes....and they bloomed beautiful all season.... :P

so when i see a rose bloom, i think of mom and the song MAMA LOVED THE ROSES....

had to share....hope you dont mind...

luv ya
cindy :P
I can do all things thru CHRIST which strengthen me.....
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Boy, wish I did! And with them predicting any where from 6 to 16 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.......

Enjoy Cindy!! :P

My mom loved roses too!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

You are sooo lucky!! Enjoy!!!!!

I used to have several roses but most didn't make it when we moved a couple years ago (they ended up being moved 3 or 4 times with little care). I haven't replaced them...the dang Japanese beetles just destory all the plants...such a pain!

Stephanie
floridagurl47

Post by floridagurl47 »

:eek: :eek:

I just went and cut my roses and brought them in and put them in a vase....it has gotten so windy and much cooler i was afraid they would break off....they smell so nice....just got an alert that gulf coast of florida which is me is in for some really nasty storms....very heavy rain, thunderstorms,hail, dangerous thunder and lightening...so, this will be an interesting couple days.... :eek: not even hurricane season yet, and they are talking tornado watches and warnings.... :eek: we have vaulted ceilings and a huge walkin closet, that thats where we will go if we have to...at least carl is home today....we have our own dump truck company (him being the only one)that the rain we were getting all night cancelled work for today....so, i am glad he is home with us....the fur and feather babies get scared with bad weather, along with mommy.... :) :)

so, i will keep you all posted with my weather....its only 62 right now.....brrrr for me.....

luv ya
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Keep safe there. My stepmom lives on Cape Coral ( dad just died in December) and my brother live in S. Fort Myers. I worry so much when something heads that way!

I 'm with Stephanie about japanese beetles!! :eek: Though the Knockout rose I had at old house always bounced right back. I would like to get the new Knockout- Rainbow I think it is, but just do not want to attract them to my yard to devour my plants anymore!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
floridagurl47

Post by floridagurl47 »

thanks nanny....we are watching the weather.....

S. Fort Meyers is about an hour from me.....same with cape coral....

i get really nervous when they do the tornado warnings, because they have really hit ppl here hard lately....but, the lord will keep us safe.....

im loving my roses.....i have them on my breakfast bar, and they smell the whole house up...what a nice scent.....ahhh gotta love it when you can pick your own roses in feb.

i just talked to my on long island in ny....they are expecting a snow storm tomorrow, up to a foot of snow....i really dont miss that!!! :lol: :lol:

thanks for your concern....

luv ya
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC loves ROses too FLoridagurl

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D We finally had our first really warm day in Rock Hill, SC yesterday. Temp hit 72 mid afternoon . OC got to sit out on his deck for about and hour and a half.

My Mother too loved Roses (my wife too). When mother passed away, OC brought all her Roses back with him and split them up among the kids. Her's were growing in red clay full sun and were beautiful. We have the dark grey clay here and they just don't do well for me, even with amendments. Another problem that OC has is sun. His yard is really shady. Great for Hosta, but not Roses. Even had to move his Iris to new beds last fall so that THEY could get more sun .

Heard on he WC about your bad weather coming, our is deteriorating fast. Cloudy and just 47* today. Hard Winds.

Enjoy them. Anything that reminds you of your Mother is a great thing to have....

OC really looking forward to spring. Just a few more days...
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
floridagurl47

Post by floridagurl47 »

hi,

roses are doing good...they survived the heavy frost we had last week....they are bloomin again.... :D

its starting to warm up again....YAY!!!!!

its 61 here right now and its only 8am.....hopefully after church ill still have some energy to do some stuff outside...

well, Spring will be for ya all before long!!!!!

have a blessed day

luv ya
New Topic Post Reply