rose cutting indoors

Use this area to discuss roses.

Moderator: Chris_W

Bob Scott
USDA Zone: 5-6

rose cutting indoors

Post by Bob Scott »

I tried it for the first time this past November. Small cutting of Mcartny rose from a friends house. Started in a plastic cup with a 2 liter bottle as a green house and bottom heat. It's now in a 2 gal bucket with a frame made of coat hangers and clear plastic wrap. I've had to trim it back a number of times.
Another month or two and I'll be hardening it off for the great outdoors.
LucyGoose

Re: rose cutting indoors

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer:
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Last fall after several branches were broken off of Abe Lincoln I just put them directly into the soil. With our mild winter I noticed yesterday they were
starting to send off leaves. I'll be doing the same thing with our McCartney, as that is one breath taking rose!! Hopefully this weekend our roses at the curb will
be coming out, got to plant something that can handle the junk that blows into the yard better.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

During the growing season I'll start a lot of cuttings in the yard with just about anything. Plastic milk jugs with the cap left off make a great green house.
My only problem with that at this house is has very small back yard (corner house) and two 80 lb German Shepherds. Any milk jugs in their immediate area are just play toys. They have a 6'x24' kennel run but spend 95% of the time free in the yard. I even have to fence off my compost bins from them or they just thing it's a digging play pen.
In the front and side yard they know better then to go near any of the plantings. Of course when they are out side the fence I'm also there to give the evil eye. :evil:
kHT

Post by kHT »

I sure understand a well behaved dog is priceless!! I'm starting out new this year with our little one. Had her out yesterday and she decided to roll in the bark instead of enjoying the nice green grass! Any tips on keeping her out of the garden? As a young pup last fall she found the loose dirt so much fun in digging holes and not to happy with me as she got a bath
after finding she was a big mess! She learned to love baths that way! Right now we are finding we have to fence off areas we don't want her in. Also cleaning up the pine needles and all the sap is a must due to she gets sick if she licks that she get caught in her fur. Oh I'm so glad you are back!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

"Any tips on keeping her out of the garden"?

Follow up in the pet forum! :wink:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you so much!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply