Eugenia Topiary

Use this area to discuss container and trough gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

Eugenia Topiary

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

My eighty-three-year-old mother brags about her eugenia bush, so I snatched one up at Lowe's. But mine won't survive the winter like hers; she lives in Florida. I have mine in a pretty pot on the front porch. It's really small --- more like a house plant. The weather is in the sixties today so I re-potted it outdoors. I bought flowers for my three big pots out front. Woo-hoo! I'm so happy! :lol:
Midnight Reiter Too

There's a little too much shade and wind in this photo. I'll take another pic on a calmer day.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
Hapygdnr

Post by Hapygdnr »

It looks good. Glad you posted a picture - I didn't really know what Eugenia was... :roll: Since it is small like a house plant, why not bring it in before it gets too cold and treat it as one? Will ck back when you post another picture.
Jeanne
Midnight Reiter Too

My house is tiny and full of furniture. The south side of the house has no windows so there really is no space for houseplants. For instance, the guest room has a western exposure but not enough space on that side of the full size bed. The other bedrooms are crowded, too, and they face the east. In the living room, the sofa is in front of the window. There's no space in the dining area or kitchen. :( It's a cute little house and not terribly old (built in 1994). In September, I may give the plant to my oldest daughter if she wants it. But I want to keep my pot!
Midnight Reiter Too

Re: Eugenia Topiary

I brought the Eugenia in and killed it(forgot to water).
New Topic Post Reply