More experiments:

Use this area to discuss container and trough gardening.

Moderator: Chris_W

lazygardner

More experiments:

Post by lazygardner »

I'm trying peas, pole beans and cucumbers all in hanging planters. Any guesses or bets about the outcome of these experiments?
DSCN0025 cucumbers closeup.jpg
DSCN0026 pole beans.JPG
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Re: More experiments:

Post by Spider »

My guess is the cukes will need support and the pole beans will take over the world. :) If the pole beans are what I think they are (yellow or green, you snap the two ends off before cooking?) then my grandparents had huge teepees made for them (much taller than your head) and they reached the top and kept going. :) Personally I don't eat veggies, so will never have experience with them beyond my grandparent's gardens.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
lazygardner

Re: More experiments:

Post by lazygardner »

As long as you aren't a cannibal we will get a long just fine! :lol: Not sure how I will support the cukes... maybe I will use soft tape to tie the base of the vines to the hangars on the basket. :-? Should I hang the pole beans up high and let them droop to the ground or should I hang them low and let them climb the pole? (The pole is treated with chemicals, so I'm not sure I want the bean plants in direct contact with it.) *sigh* I guess this is what experiments are all about. :roll: :wink:
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply