bird pics

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

bird pics

Post by Annie »

Been playing and this is what I have gotten so far with the el cheapo camera LOL.
Been trying to get a shot of a chickadee but the lil bugger keeps flying off!
Attachments
atfeedermgi.jpg
on seedbagmgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Cheapo or not.........

Post by oldcoot »

These are some really nice bird-shots...I love the red headed Finch...........

That Funny & Friendly Old Coot, named John, saying" Spring, in 39 Days"
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Annie

Post by Annie »

Thanks OC! Not great but hey I'm working on it LOL.
Here is a better pic of the housefinch (I think thats what it is!)
I just took this one. We have tons of those birds.
Attachments
closeupmgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:beer: :cool: Very cool Annie!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Annie

Post by Annie »

Here is a close up of a Cardnial.
Attachments
cardnialheadmgi.jpg

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

That's wht it is..........

Post by oldcoot »

I think they are so pretty. We have lots of them too. I can't wait to see them, the Gold Finch and the sparrows fighting over the tube feeder this spring. I might put up a net feeder again so I can get a picture of it COVERED in birds........

Once again..Nice pictures.........

That Funny & Friendly Old Coot, named John, saying" Spring, in 39 Days"
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Annie

Post by Annie »

They do seem to like the net feeder the best. But I have the small one and you should see when only like 3 birds are on it :lol:
I think I need to get a larger one, but I haven't seen ones any bigger than the one I have.

~~Annie~~
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

The most I've gotten on this small one is 4-5, then it starts swinging and they go to the tall cylinders. The cylinders have 6 spots and are full as soon as I fill them. It's fun to watch them upside down and even funnier when they return to this one at time and eat upside even though they don't have too! Creatures of habits are fun!

Great pics. This one was from the first day I got my camera last spring :)
Attachments
House and Gold on net.jpg
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Annie, great pics! What kind of food is in that net feeder? And can u reuse the net feeder or do u just fill and once it is empty throw it away?

Debbie

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Mine washable and has a draw string top to refill with thistle for small seed birds. Hangs anywhere, from a tree limb or elsewhere.
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Annie

Post by Annie »

Yes you can refill them. It has thistle seeds in it.

I have had one of them for a couple of years now. Don't know how long they last.

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

Great SHOT

Post by oldcoot »

Got two different birds in the same picture. They last real well unless the squirrel try ti climb up and down on them. That's why I went to the tube feeder. I AM going to put a "sock" type up as soon as the weather warms up some.

That Funny and Friendly Old Coot named John saying "Come on Spring"......
Annie

Post by Annie »

Thats what I have to get. The tube feeders.
I don't have any problems with the squirrels climbing the sock feeder as of yet. But I want to get the larger plastic ones.

~~Annie~~
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

All good pics, Annie. I love the vivid red on that closeup of the cardinal! :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

O.C> got his "sock" feeder up.

Post by oldcoot »

ad since he now has a second Thistle feeder, he picked up
another 10# box of seed. Joy got O.C. to put the seed in a clean gallon milk jug, as Thistle is so small it's hard to fill those feeders from a bag. Milk Jug works good. Got the Idea from a Bird store "up the road a piece" as we say down here, called appropriately "CHIRP & CHATTER" when she bougt a gallon of Finch seed packaged that way and a funnel just the right size to put in the jug AND over the lip.
Keeps the funnel from turning over if it gets too full to all go down at one time. Sure cuts down on the spills..............

Haven't seen any Red Headed Finch in quite awhile. Should be back any day now as the Gold Finch are back in numbers and the Sparrows are starting to show up.

That FUNNY & very FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, stating flatly, that Spring IS COMING in just 13 more days
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Nice pictures! I love seeing the Cardinals, since we don't have any here.
oldcoot

Do you mean anytime ??

Post by oldcoot »

Or just in the winter. We have them year round here, just see them more ofc them in the spring. Had them at my feeders all winter. Seemt o be partial to safflower seed, which the squirrels HATE.

That FUNNY & very FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, stating flatly, that Spring IS COMING in just 13 more days
New Topic Post Reply