Chickadee suet guards

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

Chickadee suet guards

Post by Doris_J »

The Chickadees are guarding the suet cakes! I think they've claimed this garden as their territory.
Attachments
chicksuet1.JPG
Not trying to be rude, but a girl's gotta eat.  Hey, see my friend's tail feathers on the left?
Not trying to be rude, but a girl's gotta eat. Hey, see my friend's tail feathers on the left?
chicksuet2.JPG
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Great Pictures !!!!

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. loves Chicadees as you can tell by his pictures. They ARE friendly and will comed up tohis feederfs when O.C. is on the deck. He hopes to be ablde to make some OUT door pictures next summer. He has a good place to shoot rom on his deck..

Question. Does the wooden roof keep the squirrel out ??

Nice feeder

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 27 more days" and counting !!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Actually, OC, that's a metal feeder. It took awhile for the chickadees to come to that feeder. I don't think they liked the roof.

The squirrels don't bother these feeders because this is in my front yard. They don't venture out here much. There's enough in the backyard to keep them busy, for the most part. Now, I have had problems with squirrels getting into my suet feeders in the back.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

:lol: too cute. *S*

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Ahhhh too cute Doris! :P I am so jealous cause I don't have any chickadees, nuthatches or titmouses that come to my feeders!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Great pics! I have seen only one at a time come to my feeders but I only got a rear end pic of him LOL.
He won't stay long enough. I haven't seen mine eat from the suet though :roll: Maybe they do when I'm not here to see it. Oh well I know the starlings and the Downeys eat it :)
I love the lil chickadees they are so cute.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply