Saw some neat "stuff" this mornin'.....

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

petal*pusher

Saw some neat "stuff" this mornin'.....

Post by petal*pusher »

Even tho temps have warmed up to low 30's, it seems too cold for as much wild-life activity as we saw this morning!

Husband and I went up near MIS (Michigan International Speedway) for breakfast....on the way, we saw 3 pair of sand hill cranes....each pair a few miles apart! (We still have lots of snow on the ground too!) Coming home on back roads, we found a huge flock of pheasant.....a little ways down the road, a flock of wild turkeys!

Two nights ago, on the way back from Toledo, we came across a herd of deer in a field....again on a back road. We turned around to take a better look.....both of us counted 47 deer....then noticed about 14 more sprinting across the cornfield to meet them!!

Oh....and one of the best parts....a COUGAR
was spotted and photographed a couple days ago in Tecumseh, Mi....only 15 minutes away! (Talked about this in the "What made this mark in the sand" thread")

Who says Nature 'aint interestin'????......p :wink:
Snow

Post by Snow »

I have never seen a wild cougar - or even a bobcat, though we have them here. I would love to!
~*Snow*~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Taking a place on the bench beside Snow... I've never seen a sandhill crane and would love the opportunity! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Wow,,,,that is :cool:

New Topic Post Reply