Today's birds

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

Today's birds

Post by Doris_J »

Today I have lots of Stellar Jays (it's really hard to get pics of them. They scatter when they see me), and Robins. Look at this fatty!
Attachments
Stellar Jay
Stellar Jay
The well-fed Robin
The well-fed Robin
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

This Chickadee was staring me down in the garden. He looks like king of the hill on top of this tall piece of wood.

"Just gimme some suet and nobody gets hurt!"
Attachments
chickadeeking.JPG
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Nice pics Doris. Your robin is definitely a fatty! :lol: Our robins started returning last week. :P Your stellar jay looks very similar to our bluejay!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I wish he'd sit still and let me take his picture, Peg! They're so funny to watch, because they're clumsy. When this guy thought I wasn't looking, he tried to get at some of the suet hanging from the branches, but he was too big and he fell off the suet cage! :lol: I've actually seen one fall out of a low tree branch, too. I would not call them graceful!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yep, that's a fat robin for sure! Wow, Peg robins are there? Cool, then it shouldn't be long till I see them too......Oh man, spring isn't too far!! :D

Thanks Doris!!! :D
Snow

Post by Snow »

Love the pix - keep them coming Doris :wink:
~*Snow*~
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Way to go Doris...

Post by oldcoot »

You're right. That is one fat Robin. Wonder hy they are so much bigger than the small birds ? Like the Chicadee and the Titmouse. What do THEY eat that makes them so fat...

Really nice pictures... Thanks for showing your birds to us... WE LIKE BIRDS...

That FUNNY & very FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, stating flatly, that Spring IS COMING in just 10 more days.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Doris, I was able to get pretty close to the jays by putting out peanuts. Once you start feeding them, they are very brave! :lol:

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

A terrific PICTURE

Post by oldcoot »

That's the best Blue-Jay picture I have seen....

GOOD WORK............

That FUNNY & very FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, stating flatly, that Spring IS COMING in just 10 more days.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Snow

Post by Snow »

Peg - just stunning, as always!!
~*Snow*~
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Are u sure that robin isn't just an orange balloon? Where the heck is it's head? :lol:

Beautiful pic of the bluejay peg!

Debbie

New Topic Post Reply