Solution to the rabbit problem

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Solution to the rabbit problem

Post by caliloo »

Look who came to visit this afternoon!

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o Wow!! Cool Pictures!!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Wow, great shots! How did you manage to get the pictures? Have you seen this critter before?
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Thanks everyone :)

Yes Chris, I see him a couple of times a month. The first photo is the bottom of my yard, the second is looking across my yard and over a corner of my neighbors yard. My house backs up to a state park so that's why it looks a little wild and wooly back there.

About 18 months ago I started seeing 2 kits once in a while playing in my backyard, usually really early in the morning. They were so funny! If my kids left a ball out they wold play with it just like puppies would. Chasing it and rolling over it (and each other) and just having a grand old time. I would see them every couple of weeks as they would play and cut through my yard, across my neighbors then into the woods again.

Last winter I only would see the one and less frequently then before. I'm not sure, but I think they both were males (based on potty habits :wink: ) so it may have been a territorial thing.

I did see an interesting encounter last summer. I was in the back yard with my kids (5 and 3) and saw the fox pop out of the woods. As I was watching him, I realized there was a cat (one I had never seen before) stalking something in the grass about 20 feet away. Well, the fox started stalking the cat. Pretty funny to watch actually until the fox ran out of patience and pounced on the cat. I have never seen such a fight! It was fierce! I yelled at my kids to come back into the house and when I did the fox and cat let go of each other and went their separate ways. I think the fox would have eventually gotten the better of the cat, but I didn;t really want to watch the outcome (nor did I want my kids watching it in the back yard).

So that is the story of Foxy Loxy in my back yard :)

Alexa
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:cool: How cool Alexa! Great shots! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply