A note fromO.C. to Bird Lovers.

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

A note fromO.C. to Bird Lovers.

Post by oldcoot »

Got a new mail order catalog today that had seveal items that O.C. thought you would like to Know about. It was a "MILES-KIMBLE" catlog from www.mileskimall.com.

First off you asked O.C. one time where he got the hangers he puts out for his Birds Feeders, and he couldn't remember (senior moments and that sort of thing). On the inside cover, Item # 485458 shows these very hangers. The price is $ 5.99 ea. (that may be where he got them. He's a catalog junkie)

The second hing that caught his attention was on page 6 were two squirrel proof bird feederf that were v erfy reasonabl2. One was $ 9.99 and was essentially a cage within a cage in the cebnter that birds cod freach but not saqirrel. (OC thinks he'll one of those to drivethe furry little rodents crazy. Looked pretty sturdy. (Item # 841239)

The second Item # 677906 which was a wire mesh bag with bottom hat can be collapsed for storage. Cost was marfked at $ 18.99. It lookied sustantial enough, b ut I'm not sure the mesh if wide enough for Sunflower seed. Just haqrdto tell.

Item # 421594 for $ 9.99 that is a small hanging bird bath
I might get one of those also as the4y look like they cound be hung from one of my hangers.

O.C. just thiking of his fellow Nature Lovers..and continuing his count down for SPRING, just ( 5 ) more days.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Coot!! I looked throught the Easter stuff.....I'll have to look throught it more later for the bird stuff....

Thanks!!

Wow, only 5 more days, and I still have a some snow on the ground.....:lol:
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

What a nifty place! They have the ring pull I've been looking for to help me open ring tab cans. Thanks for the link, John. I've bookmarked the site and plan to go back when I have more time.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. is glad you enjoyed it.....

Post by oldcoot »

His wife also liked the Ring Pull too and several other things. He thinks HE might just TRY the Sweet William Roll to go in the front of his shade bed, and the Shade Bed Roll also. He'll let you know how they do...

That Funny and Friendly Old Coot continuing his count down for SPRING, just ( 4 ) more days.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

John, thanks for the link! I went and looked through all the outdoor stuff. But now Lucy says Easter stuff? I think I missed that and will have to go back and look again! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply