Phunny Pheasant Phriend !!!

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

petal*pusher

Phunny Pheasant Phriend !!!

Post by petal*pusher »

Last week we noticed a big pheasant rooster struttin' around in the side yard......kind of unusual because we're in a rural subdivision, but surrounded by other homes! He's still here!! I think he's taken up residence under the old sprawling yews lining the front of our house. We see him making his way to the back yard to see what he can find under the bird feeders. Lucky for him, Mr. squirrel sneaks up there and spills lots of seed out! We've named him......"Bond.....Vega-Bond!"

Sometimes we can hear him making a half-hearted attempt at calling his cousins....and once in a while, we see him sitting high in the blue spruce trees.....probably peering down at one of the neighbors' dogs!

Every Spring we hear the crowing of pheasants coming from a field a few streets away, but I've never seen any in our yard!

I've tried hard to attract wild life to our acre of land.....8 bird baths (one heated during the winter).....lots of trees and shrubs for cover and nesting areas.....and left many of my perennials for birds to feast on during winter months. I'm amazed that our yard is filled with life and constant motion, while neighbors on both sides see nothing!

Hmmmmm.....maybe animals/birds DO know when they're appreciated!......p :wink:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: You've created a perfect place for this pheasant!! Lots of feed, water and hiding places! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

What spoilt birds to have a spa-bath during winter :wink:
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

That is wonderful! What a treat for you! That is :cool:

Debbie :-)

:lol: @ the spa comment

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Very cool.....I have more than both my neighbors on both side...but then they don't keep the feeders full, either.....

Good for you! :D
New Topic Post Reply