Oh deer! Please don't litter!

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Oh deer! Please don't litter!

Post by PeggyC »

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

These photos made me so angry, Peg. They are a sad testimony of what the laziness and sloppiness of humans can cause to helpless wildlife. I've seen photos of sea creatures caught up in empty, plastic, six-pack rings that just made me shake with a sense of outrage. When will we humans learn that we share, and not own, the planet?
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

That makes me so angry!
I am always so careful about cutting up those plastic rings into tiny pieces and I cut up string and twine into tiny pieces so no bird can get they wrapped around their necks.
Debbie

lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Got a 911 call last fall saying a cat had it's whole head stuck in a metal can. Had to convince the caller to find a neighbor with tin snips to cut the can off. The poor kitty was terrified.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply