O.C.'s SPring & Summer Birds

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Nice to see you back in action taking bird pics! You've got quite a collection now!! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Thanks, it is good to be back.

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. is ready for it to cool down so the birdies will COME BACK. Today is 97* with 114 HI. Calling for 102* tomorrow, lord only knows what the HI will be. Feel like I am Arizonna or KANSAS CITY...John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

The weather DID break, temp dropped almost 30 degrees

Post by oldcoot »

AND the Birds ARE coming back it seems. Sure hope that excessive heat doesn't start up again. We should be about out of it......

Today was a really good Bird picture taking day. Have edited them and will post along this week.

First group ae the Chicadees.....

That Old Coot named John
Attachments
Carolina Chicadee-22-OC.jpg
Carolina Chicadee-1-OC.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

And one of O.C.'s favorites

Post by oldcoot »

The Carolian Wren. Had a senior oment the and for got to post. John
Attachments
Carolina Wren-OC.jpg
oldcoot

Continued cool this Morning

Post by oldcoot »

but is back up to 90* today. O.C. can take that !!

This little dove sttod on the deck rail for 30-45 minutes this morning. Just standing there looking around like he didn't know what to do next. Either that or he was enjoying that cool brezze we were having at the time.

The difference between the two pictures is that the one that is the lightest, was made in bright sun. The second one was when a cloud came over as O.C was shooting.

Do Enjoy, that Old Coot named John
Attachments
P-Dove-3-OC.jpg
Pretty Dove - 2 -OC.jpg
Pretty  Dove - 1.jpg
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

It's hot here in Ohio too, OC, with some humidity to boot. Ugh!! I notice that the birds aren't so active when it gets this hot. They don't like the heat anymore than I do , apparently. :???:
Nice pics, btw. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

Bird Pix for Friday

Post by oldcoot »

We had a little cool weather and the birds started coming back, but the heat went back up and they are not as plentiful. Best I could do today. One TERRIBLE looking Male House Finch. No, that is NOT Pixelation, he is reall that fuzzy. Can tell because the head is sharp. Because of his small size, O.C. figures he must be a fledgeling, moulting. Sparrows have picked up in numbers over the past few days.

Enjoy

That usually Funny and always VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Summer with all of God's creatures for him to photograph..
Attachments
Sparrow-OC.jpg
Moulting-MHF-OC.jpg
oldcoot

Not muchj to show for a busy morning on the deck

Post by oldcoot »

I shot the finch through the window just before I went out.
and te Sparrow (I think it is) after I came in.....

Enjoy
Attachments
Sparrow-OC.jpg
Moulting-MHF-OC.jpg
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Nice pics John! That sparrow may be a female finch.
oldcoot

I ws afraid you'd say that.

Post by oldcoot »

Someone on another group posted a similar one and called it a female finch. Sorry...John
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Nice John!!

Bro.....I kept looking and looking at that picture, and to me, it does look like a finch, but then I see sparrow, too....:lol: Whatever it is Coot....it's a cutie! :D
oldcoot

Yedah O.C. goofed

Post by oldcoot »

That IS a female house finch. Haven't posted any more pictures lately because I have't made any. any. How about you guys up NAWTH sending me some of that cooler Canadian air, that the WC saying you are getting. It's been in the high 90's again now for sevral weeks, as best as this Old Coot named John, can remember. What has really stopped the birds AND the squirrels lately has benn the AWFULL humidity. HI ever day has been 112-118. O.C. sure don't dare go out in THAT kind of heat ...critters don't sedem to either. OC can hear the Birds and see the Squirrels over in the woods where it is cool. It was so hot yesterday that a whole pan full of peanuts sat on his deck from 8:30 on. Did see some were gone this morning but I got up late, so they c old have gotten thedm about daylight..SO send me some cooler weather and I'll post you some new pictures....

That sometimes funny, but always MOST friendly Old Coot named John, a Gardenedr for the Lord....
New Topic Post Reply