Curious Chickadee!

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Bluecanoe

Curious Chickadee!

Post by Bluecanoe »

We have loads of Chickadees all winter and spring and you can hear them all day long around the property. However since I got the camera and have been trying to record all the birds coming to the feeder they haven't landed in my sights! This morning I got lucky and true to form, this one had to fly over to me to see what I was up to, I got a really good pose, I think he/she knew exactly what I was doing and came over just to let me get a better snap!! I keep one sunflower feeder attached to the backdoor window just for them and they have no problem flying right up to the window with Siamese Cat sitting there to get at it. Bold little fellas!! Guess they know poor Blue is behind glass.. :lol:
Attachments
Comes over to pose!!
Comes over to pose!!
He sees me!!  (these should have gone the other way arund, I uploaded wrong photo and had to delete!)
He sees me!! (these should have gone the other way arund, I uploaded wrong photo and had to delete!)
Lynda (The Roving Siamese cat toy)
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:P Great pictures Linda. That little guy sure is cute!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. loves Chicadees

Post by oldcoot »

Had a ton of them over the winter, and then they seemed to go away, but today they are a few of them back.Must have like the "Berry-Nut" food I put out. Really GOOD picture of that VERY small bird....

That Old Coot, named John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Lynda, great pics! U have a feeder right by your back door and they don't mind? I have to get braver birds or something! :lol:

Debbie

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Place it and they will come TQ :) We have 2 dogs that go out often and 2 cats in windows, but those birds get used to it and will come where the food is. Or where they see others feeding. :)

One way is to slowly move the feeder you have closer and closer to the area you want each day or two. LIke move it a foot or so each day. Till it's where you want. They'll just keep going to it. Try it, you'll like it! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply