BIG BUG!!!

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

patsue53

BIG BUG!!!

Post by patsue53 »

I was sitting on my front stoop and looked down and saw this guy on my door mat. I wasn't sure if he was alive or not so I gingerly reached over and touched it to discover that it was just a shell. So I picked it up and posed it several places and when my grandson arrived I managed to freak him out a little bit with the "Big Fly!" :lol:

Then I went over to sit on my patio swing and there was another one there! Reached over to pick that one up and it flew up and away......scared the bejeebers out of me! :eek: (guess I deserved it after I teased Logan with the other one. :lol: )
Attachments
shell.JPG
It really blended in with my doormat.  (one of these days I'll figure out the macro mode!) Sorry it's so blurry.
It really blended in with my doormat. (one of these days I'll figure out the macro mode!) Sorry it's so blurry.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Cicadias are so :cool: ! Thats the only critter that had my JRT stumped..for a second. It was on it's back, spinning and buzzing in the driveway. Pete just stared at it with his head cocked........till it stopped for a second. :eek: :D :wink:
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

I like those bugs, they are really neat! We find the empty skins around here a lot. They are really pretty when they first shed the shell.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:lol: I like the cicadas just fine until they start "singing". For such a little thing, they sure make a lot of noise! :o
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I , also, think they are very :cool: bugs. And I even love their singing. :roll: :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply