Another bug in the garden

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Another bug in the garden

Post by LucyGoose »

I didn't get pictures cause they are just too small for the camera...I was out gathering the seeds from the pardancanda lilies, and I have some iris there, too, one of the pardancanda lilies (my favorite bi-color) have just laid down from the ground. One stalk DID break earlier in the week.... It has been like that a good week or more, but I haven't had the time to really look till today.....I scratched around the dirt and then ants were everywhere....no mound, but they were right at the base crawling....so off I go to get the ant killer granuals.....then looking better, I see these little bugs all over the iris right next to it.....lots of them.....they have little wings and they are on the foliage of both the iris and the lilies.....They aren't flies....did I describe them enough? little bugs that fly when you go to touch one.....Man, first I have the white flies, and now these....I hope you can tell me what they are and what to do, if anything.....

Thanks!! :D
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well, now I have seen some on the back of the leaves of some of the hosta, too.....:hmm:
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

No, you didn't describe them enough. :???: What color are they? Would you say they are the size of aphids? Are they all in a bunch like aphids usually are?
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

They look like a skinny fly....small.....with wings....I don't think they are aphids. Sorry Pat....I never can describe things good..... :roll:
New Topic Post Reply