Tree Frog

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

nomowhill

Tree Frog

Post by nomowhill »

Check out what I found in my speedwell when I came home from work today :D

patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

What a fantastic picture!! Cute frog :)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

First I'd like to say Hi & Welcome to Hallson's!!:D

That is the cutiest little thing.....we don't have them here that I know.

Thanks for sharing!! :D
nomowhill

Post by nomowhill »

Thanks for welcoming me Lucygoose.

I didn't know we had tree frogs here either, I had never seen one. I don't know much about them at all, I just thought he looked cool and I just love being able to share!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

We had them at our old place - tons of them actually - and the more perennial gardens we put in around the house the more we would get. At night the house would be crawling with a dozen or more, eating all the bugs and slugs around.

Have you heard them yet? The first time we heard them we thought it was some kind of bird or maybe a chipmunk or something. Took a long time to figure out it was them!

We made the final move 2 weeks ago and we found one the next day in a pot. We've been hearing it every day since, so hopefully it will attract a mate :)

Thanks for sharing the pic!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What a cute little fella!...or gal??? :???: He or she looks so comfy nestled in there. :)
And I'll add my welcome to you also for joining our family here at Hallson's. If you didn't realize it, there is a Welcome Forum and we threw out the welcome mat to you when you joined. :) Good to have you here and thanks for the great pic. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awwww, what a cute little frog! I know we have them in our area but I've yet to see one...

And let me add my welcome to the forum! Its great to have you here! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Welcome to Hallson's! What a cute pic of the bees and their friend! :cool:

We had one in our yard for a while this summer. :D The first evening DH and I heard it, we were sitting out on the deck and looking up in the trees for a bird. :lol: It finally dawned on us that it was a tree frog. 8-) Our little visitor wasn't as brightly colored as yours.
Attachments
Tree Frog 008 copy.jpg
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
nomowhill

Post by nomowhill »

I have not heard him (or her) yet. I went out this evening but wasn't able to see it, got home too late, the days are getting too short already. We had a pretty bad storm run through last night (lost my asiatic lily that was about to bloom, I hope it pops open in the vase, anyone have any hints on that - other than I should have staked it up just in case) Anyway, I'm wondering what the cute little frog did during the storm, I hope he didn't blow away.

Bobbi
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

That bee nearly outsizes the frog! :o :lol:
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply