Ever seen one of these fellas ???

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

petal*pusher

Ever seen one of these fellas ???

Post by petal*pusher »

:eek: While cleaning one of the gardens up yesterday, I suddenly felt like I was being watched......I WAS!

Look who was sneering back at me.....
http://community.webshots.com/photo/432 ... 7104KMQkzN

http://community.webshots.com/photo/432 ... 0428POomrr

I looked him up....found out this is a "Shamrock Spider"....never have seen one before! Spiders and I have never been good friends, but I AM trying to respect 'em!.....p :o
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:cool: :cool: :cool: Spiders are near the top of my fav critter list.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:cool: He's very cool!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Is it the same as this?
Attachments
Spider9-24-2.JPG
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
Snow

Post by Snow »

I cant recall if I've ever seen one of those - they are pretty cool! A couple of years ago I did see a spider which was the most unusual thing. He was stopped on the tar road - between two fields. As I stood and looked down upon him, what appeared to be a clearly drawn human face looked back up at me from the top part of his abdomen. His back was (if I recall) a solid orangish-tan color. He had a perfectly round, flat appearing abdomen with (probably) black legs. He was probably 3/4 inch in diameter. But that strange face on his back - it was as though someone had taken an inkpen and drawn eyes, nose and mouth on him in thin little lines. At the time, I was able to identify him online (I think) - but for the life of me, I cant find him now, and dont recall the name.
~*Snow*~
New Topic Post Reply