Doves

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Doves

Post by PeggyC »

A mama dove built a nest by our back door at work in a burning bush. Last week she had babies! :P These are the pictures I've taken of them the last three days. Its been fun watching them grow!

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

Unbelievable. Surely you could sell those to a wildlife magazine - they are absolutely stunning!!!
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, great pic's Peg!! Awwww such cute babies.....You would think with all the durn Dove's I have here, I would see some babies....Neve have though....

Thanks a bunch for sharing!!!! :D
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

LG, these are very much hidden in the bush, you would never see them by just walking by... fortunately I have a great view of the nest from the back of the bush. :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Plus it helps that I have no bushes big here... :lol: ...But right now looking out my window ther are everywhere. Bunches....:-)
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Absolutely fabulous pictures as usual Peg! Very nice! :)
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Peg, you are something else. You Rock !!

Post by oldcoot »

You still make the BEST Bird pictures around. Saw 4 Chicadees out today at one time. Most I have seen.That 56* weather we had last night (got back up to 80 today) must be bringing them up out of the woods and trees again. Cleaned out an old bird feeder that had YUCK in it from the rain last week, re-filled it with Black Sunflower seed. They have BEEN eating the Safflower seeds when the Doves will let them, but today there was no contest. Both got their fill of what they wanted.

Beautiful sunny day today, very light breeze, blowing all the dead leaves off the trees, sat outg on the deck all afternoon, seeing a B LUE sky, wsith NOT A SINGLE CLOUD. Reminded me of a Montanna sky, I saw years ago...

That Old Coot named John, a Gardner for the Lord.....
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Definitely you need to share those with a mag! How about birds and blooms! That last one should have a caption about how proud momma is of her wee ones! What great shots!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply