Fall & Winter Squirrels

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Fall & Winter Squirrels

Post by oldcoot »

This little fellow looks like he is shedding his summer coat for a new fuller fall one. He is the first one back on a regular basis. OC knows he is a new one, because OC put up both cake feeders the first of the week and he doesn't even bother them YET. This morning he did manage to get out on the larger feeder, but only chewed a little food out down to the deck and then went down there to eat it. This one does like peanuts John that Old Coot hoping you like his picture, edited in PS no less.......
Attachments
Roscoe-3 -Port.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
mommatina
USDA Zone: 5

Post by mommatina »

OC .. nice coat he has... I love to watch the new life at the feeders... Thanks for sharing...
http://mccomaswv.com/Beartown/beartown_wv.htm
Tina
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Aww I just love squirrells! That is a pretty one also.
They are going wild in my yard gathering nuts for winter.
I try to watch them and see if I can tell if it is going to be a bad winter by how many nuts they take and store, vs eat! Right now, judging by the pieces scattered all over, I think they are eating more than storing!

Ginger
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Awwww...such a great pic of that cute little fella! The squirrels have been exceptionally busy around here getting ready for the winter. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

Thanks everybody......................

Post by oldcoot »

Sure glad you like them OC will some post more tomorrow as soon as he can get them resized John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Such a handsome feller! Thanks for sharing your little freeloader! They are so fun to watch.....I love how they are able to figure new ways to munch 'n lunch!.....p :wink:
oldcoot

Theyh ae clever.

Post by oldcoot »

O C has a friend in York, S.C. that runs a Nature Conservatory, and he swears they are BORN with a Phd in Engineering from MIT, Clever little Tree Rodents......John
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Cute OC! Looking forward to seeing more of the squirrels! I know they are destructive, raid the feeders, etc. but I still love watching their antics!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot

Thursday's Squirrel

Post by oldcoot »

Same Squirrel, holding tightly onto a peanut OC had tempted him with.......That Old Coot named John :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Roscoe - peanut (3).jpg
Snow

Post by Snow »

He looks like he's dancing in that last one :lol:
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hey there squirrely Coot! :lol:

Nice shots!! I'll tell you those buggers are all over here getting ready for winter.... :D
oldcoot

OC only has one so far

Post by oldcoot »

and he doesn't SEE him everyday, but he knws he's around because the Sunflower seed on the deck are gone. The birds eat at the feeders.

Thanks everybody, will try again when I see him.....John
New Topic Post Reply