More Hunting Pictures

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

r_leblanc

More Hunting Pictures

Post by r_leblanc »

Hope You Are Not Tired Of These Pictures Yet,I have Lots...Lol
Attachments
Nice Picture Of Cow With Her Calf.
Nice Picture Of Cow With Her Calf.
Beautiful Bull Elk At Red Lake Ontario,Near The Manitoba Border.There Is No Season On Them.They Were Re-Introduced To Ontario About 6 Years Ago.A Joint Effort By Hunting Clubs & Individuals To Pay For Their Moving From Alberta To Ontario.
Beautiful Bull Elk At Red Lake Ontario,Near The Manitoba Border.There Is No Season On Them.They Were Re-Introduced To Ontario About 6 Years Ago.A Joint Effort By Hunting Clubs & Individuals To Pay For Their Moving From Alberta To Ontario.
These Big Cats Make Me Real Nervous,They Are Worse Than Bears For Tracking Humans & Kill.Our Government Saw Fit To Re-Introduce Them To Northern Ontario.I have No Idea Why,They Are Very Dangerous
These Big Cats Make Me Real Nervous,They Are Worse Than Bears For Tracking Humans & Kill.Our Government Saw Fit To Re-Introduce Them To Northern Ontario.I have No Idea Why,They Are Very Dangerous
Ron G. LeBlanc
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Ron,
Post away...I love all of your pictures. They are spectacular. Down here in farm country we don't have any such animals, some fox, coyote, and once in a while there are reports of a cougar running the area. There's one not too far away from here now, but the local paper put a stop to any truthful reporting by printing a picture a woman took of a big yellow house cat. She said she knew it was not the cougar, which she had seen, but she wanted to let everyone know that it looked like that only bigger. There are far more creditable people they could have interviewed, but that's the route they chose. My brother (a life-long hunter and very keen observer) saw a cougar kitten about a mile from his house this summer.....he got a really good look at it from just a few feet away. Even though one will show up dead from time to time, either hit on the road or shot by a hunter, the DNR still insists that there are none here, they are only pets that people have turned into the wild. That's their story and they're sticking to it. I saw a wolf here once a few years ago, but he was passing through. We have lots of wild turkeys in our back pasture, and a few game birds, but they are being driven out of most areas by the farmers who think they have to mow every roadside, pull every tree, and mow all the grass waterways 3 or 4 times a year. (DH is a farmer and would do the same, but I don't let him get away with it.)
Keep posting your fantastic pictures. I love every one.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Again....thank you! Such a treat!.....p :wink:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

And OC also likes you pictures !!

Post by oldcoot »

AND OH, how he wishes he could see them in the wild. Would need a zillion flazh card and batteries. Almost didn't get him come home

John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I saw a cougar in Yellowstone Nat'l Park in California a few years ago, and I was so excited to see a large predator in "the wild" that I had no fear whatsoever. Actually chased after it. Stupid, I know, but its a memory I'll always treasure.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
New Topic Post Reply