Tan Sparrow~

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

greenseeds
USDA Zone: 4a

Tan Sparrow~

Post by greenseeds »

As I was having my morning coffee, rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing this correctly then ran to get my camera. :o
Sorry, it's a little blurry as I took the pic through a plastic covered window. I've never seen one like this before! :cool:
Attachments
1-20-06 071_resized_.jpg
Tonia
Not all those who wander are lost
J.R.R. Tolkien

My Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

What a cute little thing. :D I can't help with identification because I've never seen one like it either.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
hostapazoola

Post by hostapazoola »

I looked in my field guide and dont see anything that even resembles a bird like that. Most sparrows have identifying markings around their eyes or on thier wings.
The bird in your picture appears to be a solid color.Do you remember if his tail is white like it appears to be in the picture.
He is a little cutie!
~Lori~

Walk towards the sunshine,
and the shadows will fall behind you.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Gosh almighty. I'm guessing that's a partial albino of something like perhaps a Junco. But what a strange coloration :o
~*Snow*~
greenseeds
USDA Zone: 4a

Post by greenseeds »

It has all of the charactor of a sparrow and was in a flock of them so my best guess is that it's a sparrow, just mutated. No pink eyes but I bet if it carry's on those genes it just might produce an albino offspring? Yes, hostapalooza, it has white on it's tail but the same size/shape as a sparrow. :wink: I'm hoping I see her again for a better photo! :P
Tonia
Not all those who wander are lost
J.R.R. Tolkien

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply