Down at the stream

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

insam

Down at the stream

Post by insam »

In Seoul, a city of 10-20 million people (depending on who you ask), the opportunities for viewing wildlife are not so great. But I always enjoy watching the birds at a stream near my apartment. It makes me feel miles away...

Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Gardentoad »

Nice pictures.

That second picture looks like she's laughing. :lol:
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
Snow

Post by Snow »

Stunning photos!
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Very Nice!! Where are you located at, again? You don't have it in your profile.....I love that 5th picture.....What kind of bird is that? Very cool!

Thanks for sharing!! :-)
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Wonderful pics! So interesting to see the habitat...thanks so much for sharing!......p :wink:
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

These are really wonderful! Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for sharing! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
insam

Post by insam »

LucyGoose wrote:Where are you located at, again? You don't have it in your profile.....I love that 5th picture.....What kind of bird is that?
I'm in Seoul, Korea. The reason I don't have a profile location is because my garden/home is in Tennessee but I'm currently not there. :???: I'll be back in July and will update it then. The bird is a black-crowned night heron (Nycticorax nycticorax). Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll post some more if I see anything interesting here. There are some interesting and more unique perching birds but they're a little more challenging to capture. Here is some sort of thrush that came down for a drink.

LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Now I remember you saying that!! Wow, thanks for the discription of the bird....They sure are pretty!.....Maybe you could write what you just told me, about being in Korea till July 2006 in your signature....I know for myself, it would help, cause being blond is the pits for memory.... :roll: :wink:

Thanks again for sharing the bird pictures from over there! We love pictures!! :D
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Nice bird pics! I know the magpie is a pest in most areas, but I've always liked them.
New Topic Post Reply