OC's Spring and summer O6 Birdie Pictures

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's Spring and summer O6 Birdie Pictures

Post by oldcoot »

Actually the birdies belong to the good Lord, but OC does feed them for HIM. WELL. OC's new camera and lens does MAKE a huge difference. To see how much he just went back and looked at all of his last years pictures, (and mercy he posted a lot of pictures) AND he is going to do the exact same same thing this year.

Do please enjoy what the Good Lord has given us....John
Attachments
Chirping Sparrow.jpg
Carolina Wren-2.jpg
Carolina Wren-2.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
Male House finch -2.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Now that OC has learned

Post by oldcoot »

How to post larger pictures, he will forwith, do so....
Drat, it only took him 2 years....John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o Wow OC, those are great pics... nice and sharp. Sounds like you are having a ball with your new camera! :P Peg
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Coot!!

Pretty birds!! I give you credit on learning the new camera....How thick was the book that came with it? :beer: to you!! :P

edited for spelling :roll:
Last edited by LucyGoose on Mar 07, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldcoot

Actually OC didn't have

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D as much trouble ewith his other digitl camera. They really are pretty much alike. OC had to learn new terminolgy for the things he already knew how to do. Went online to Cannon and downloaded the instruction mannual in pfd format. Neither OC nor Joy could read the one that came with the Camaera, the writing was so small. He called it up in Adobe, set the size to 125% and and called up the page that showed should the various thing out needed to know how to start. That's when he realized he already knew a lot of it. Things are in different places, but when you learn where they ARE it was fairly EASY. A lot easier than I though it was. In fact if my Minolta c ould have used interchangeablde lens, OC would not have had to BUY a new Camera. His bad for not know that before he bought it. But now he is happy and trying every day to learn how to use the new it better.

Thanks agbain fcor your interest....John
Snow

Post by Snow »

Well, you are doing a fine job, OC. Those are nice pictures! :wink:
~*Snow*~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Very :cool: John! That Carolina Wren is calendar ready! :wink:
oldcoot

Got a real surprised on that one

Post by oldcoot »

OC posed it to a friend of his that runs a B ird Group and sends OC pictures. Got a request yesterday to let him post it on HIS site. He posted the replies he got back to me this morning. They really liked them too. Great Lens, thank you dear sweet loving wife....And thank you.....OC
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

VERY :cool:

Your pics are just great. And I really love that first one!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

This one was actually made

Post by oldcoot »

lat year with his Minolta at full 7X zoon. Had to enlarg a BUNCh which accounts for the slight blurr

That Old Coot named John
Attachments
M-Dove-DeckRail.jpg
M-Dove-DeckRail.jpg (19.71 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Such beauties you have captured!

I think I mentioned having a Carolina wren here last summer making my little nesting house wrens VERY nervous! That big fella even visited my winter feeders a couple times. Wonder what made him like MY yard??......p :wink:
oldcoot

Did you put out any Peanut Butter ??

Post by oldcoot »

They won't stay OFF of OC's..They and the Downy's fight over it all day long...Chicadees and Squirrels like it too. Cardinals seem to prefer either sunflower seed or safflowseed... John
oldcoot

In case you needed to know

Post by oldcoot »

OC was invitedf to join a International Bird Photo group recently, and they required the Biological name of that Bird as it is international. OC was in a quandray because he did not know where to find the names. Joy has several Bird Books, but the pictures are so small and the names almost un-readable for OC. Today some kind soul IN that group gave us all a link that is out of this world. Pictures, names, and some sounds.
Check it out.......

World Bird Guide - http://www.mangoverde.com/wbg/

An always helpful Old Coot just wanting to share his new found knowledge.....John
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

How cool for you to get to join another birdie photo group!! I am going to go check out that link now......Thanks for sharing it John!!! :P
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OC..love your pics!! I have not been in this forum for months so have missed you getting a new camera.

What kind did u get? And do u use a tripod to take your pictures of the birds?

I have been very blessed this winter with getting birds at my feeders all winter. First time in years we have had lots of birds around in the winter.

In the past two weeks I have been getting lots of them, all godlfinches I think. I've had so many I had to go out and buy a biggggg feeder, think it must hold about 5 liters of food. I thought it would be big enough so I wouldn't have to fill it every day,, but I'm still having to go outside and filled up 3 tube feeders and now that big one. :lol:

It's a bit tricky climbing up and out the patio door now onto the patio as there is 3 ft of snow on the patio and i sort of slide down back into the house,, but I am loving having the birds around.

Wilbur, our cat is loving his huge tv screen too (patio door window) where he watches them all day long.

Please keep sharing your bird pics I love them!

Debbie :-)

oldcoot

Thanks Debbie

Post by oldcoot »

Had second cataract surgery and was slow answering. But thanks. OC loves the Good Lord's little Birdies.

For Valentines Day, OC's dear sweet loving wife gave him a Canon XT wth a 50-500MM Sigma Lens. Now he is in hi coton as we say here in the south.. Hopes to make some good pictures as soon as he gets the shield from off his eye......
oldcoot

Cow Bird

Post by oldcoot »

Couldn't find its real name, but here in SC we call it a Cow Bird...

OC
Attachments
Male Cow Bird - OC (3).jpg
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:P Great pic of a cowbird OC!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
oldcoot

Pretty Cardinal

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D We are seeing more Cardinals now, like we did last summer. They are a beautiful bird, and OC 's new Camera WORK REALLY GOOD, NOW THAT HE KNOWS HOW TO USE IT...

Made with Canon XT, 300 mm Sigma Lens, on tripod.

Please Enjoy......OC
Attachments
Cardinal-Turf-04-06-OC (2).jpg
04-06-Cardinal   - OC (2).jpg
oldcoot

We are also seeing more Gold Finch now also

Post by oldcoot »

OC loves the Yellow and Black Colors. When you click on the picture to see it full size, be sure to click on the little square on the bottom right side of picture. WIll make it full frame and boy do they look close. OC thinks that either this is a new one or an old one molting.....OC
Attachments
Young Gold Finch (2).jpg
New Topic Post Reply