Birds of Prey-Callaway Bird Show

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Birds of Prey-Callaway Bird Show

Post by oldcoot »

These shots were made at the bird show in Callaway Gardens. Quite a story about the Eagle Flying right at OC.
The were trained free flying Birds. One flew off his trainers arm out across the outdooe amplitheater the show was held in....Enjoyed seeing the Eagle, The Owl, and The Red tailed Hawk (haven't finished editing him yet) These were all shot with OC's XT and 18-55mm lens. AND HANDHELD....
Way to go OC..
Attachments
Eagle-2-Callaway (3).jpg
Eagle-2-Callaway (3).jpg (45.08 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Eagle in Flight.jpg
Eagle in Flight.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
American Bald Eagle.jpg
American Bald Eagle.jpg (39.69 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

IF you look close

Post by oldcoot »

The Eagles beak is deformed. Callaway got him from a raptor center pretty beat up and starving because it was hard for him to get enjough food. Now he is in good shape and HAS plenty to eat, hand fed every day..
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

The Owl didn't do as many tricks as the Eagle,

Post by oldcoot »

But was pretty. (Lot of croppind on this one). OC
Attachments
Callaway Owl.jpg
Callaway Owl.jpg (43.23 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh my goodness John!! That second picture is awesome!!! You really did godd for holding theat big camera!! Not bad at all for an *Old Coot*!!! :lol: .... :wink:

Thank-You for sharing!!! :D
Snow

Post by Snow »

They are so beautiful and awesome~
~*Snow*~
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

GREAT SHOTS!!
Love that second pic, action shot.
I love the birds of prey, I think they are all so pretty.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot

Another Eagle Picture

Post by oldcoot »

Last one of a series.....Love those Eagles, bent beak and all. OC
Attachments
Eagle-2-Callaway (3).jpg
Eagle-2-Callaway (3).jpg (45.08 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
oldcoot

This Parrott was not in the show

Post by oldcoot »

but inside the Butterfly House to help entertain the kids who really didn't want to be there, Just out of school for the day. He was allowed to free fly to a tree in the pond there.

DO enjoy this poretty bird. Also hand held no less.....OC
Attachments
Parrot--Callaway.jpg
Parrot--Callaway.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Awesome pictures! I love the Eagle in flight shot!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Awesome pictures OC! I'm so impressed that you got these great pictures handheld! Way to go!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

WOW! :o Some great pics for us all!

I love that the challenged eagle STILL has that wonderful intense look in his eye. Such a beauty he is!

Hope those kids realize what a wonderful opportunity they have to see and understand the beauty and power of all these birds.

When I was a youngin' someone brought us 3 little puff-balls of white feathers. (Our family seemed to be the "rescue place" to bring all the wild animals/birds!) Dad hurried and built a huge cage....put some big branches in, and our Biology teacher started trapping live sparrows. Two days later, the injured momma Screech Owl was brought to us also. It was amazing to see her teach those wide-eyed babes to catch those birds. As always, we let them go in a safe place when they were mature enough.

I love that I grew up in a home where importance was put on respecting all living creatures! I raised my own children with hopes of instilling these values....and it worked! I realize I have a very special opportunity in my job also to encourage "my kids" to appreciate everything around them. My goal is to teach "the wonderment of growing things"!.....p :wink:
sunnydee

Thank you for the pics!

Post by sunnydee »

How awesome! There isn't a more beautiful sight than a bald eagle. We are occasionally lucky to see a pair that nests, about 7 miles from our home, and had one visit us in the field behind our house last month enjoying lunch. It's great to see them making a comeback, I remember when I was a kid we never saw them. Fortunately, my girls will be able to see them in their natural habitat and not just at zoos or rehab centers. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics! :D
Have a blessed day!!
Sunnydee
New Topic Post Reply