OC's '07 Critters

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Libby

Post by Libby »

Amazing bird pictures! I can crack open the door but the minute I slowly start to walk closer, my birds take flight. You must have just the right approach!
Libby

Post by Libby »

Amazing bird pictures! I can crack open the door but the minute I slowly start to walk closer, my birds take flight. You must have just the right approach!
Libby

Post by Libby »

looks like I goofed in hitting the back button :-?
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

That's OK

Post by oldcoot »

OC has done the same thing. Does you door have glass in it ? OC shoots ALL his bird pictures through the glass on his bedroom door that opens out onto the deck. Works real good for him. Sits on a chair and just shoots away. He does of course use a tripod. Lenses too heavy not too.

OC hoping this Will help..............
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Libby

Post by Libby »

Sounds like you have a perfect set up, OC! No glass door or deck for me, I have to come out the back garage door and it startles them every single time.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Nice pics, OC!!!!!!!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I am getting lots of pics here with my little 35mm(keep hinting for better camera! :lol:). Hope some turn out!

So far of blue birds, blue jays, cardinals, squirrels. I keep missing the woodpeckers. We have downy's & pileated's.
Got some of hawks flying. Hope to post soon if any good.

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot

Squirrel taking a sun bath

Post by oldcoot »

Ate his fill and decicded to rest in the sun.......OC
Attachments
Mondays-Squirrel - Framed.jpg
Mondays-Squirrel - Framed.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

New Bird Photos

Post by oldcoot »

Had planned to go out this afternoon, but too much arctic wind for OC. Calling for SW winds tomorrow, so will go out then.

Male House Finch and another White throat-ed Sparrow.

Enjoy - OC
Attachments
White THroat Sparrow Framed.jpg
White THroat Sparrow Framed.jpg (48.4 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
Male House Finch - Framed.jpg
Male House Finch - Framed.jpg (48.13 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Wow, OC! Great pics! The squirrel looks like it is posing for you. Do you think he may have seen himself in previous photos on the forum? Ha, ha.
Charla
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

OC, I've enjoyed your wildlife pics. I haven't seen the white-throated sparrows this year. I have white-crowns, and love looking at them. Your pictures are amazing.
The squirrel pics are great, especially the one of the sunbather, and that little possum? I know most people think I'm crazy, but I love possums. I think they're adorable. I fed one on my porch for a few years, too, but none of his offspring have ventured up to the house.
Thanks for sharing the sights on your deck with us!!!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
oldcoot

You are so welcome Linda

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Glad you took time to look.....OC
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Coot!!

So sorry I have not kept up with this thread! I like that silly squirrel laying there relaxing!! Too cute!! I am going to have to call you this weekend to talk to Joy and see if your behaving.... :wink:

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! :P
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

Loving your pic's OC, great shots

Ed
oldcoot

Thanks everybody for their kind remarks

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D And it would be great to hear from you Lucy...Yard Finally drying up. Turned off real cloudy yesterday so had to postpone my trip outside until today. OC
oldcoot

Nut storage bin

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Got to go out Saturday and take some pictures. As soon as he finish editing them OC will post.

This used to be a nice bird house in the back yard, until the Squirrels made an acorn depository out of it. We have lots of acorns in the fall and this was where they wanted to store them......Enjoy OC
Attachments
Bad Squirrel -2.jpg
Bad Squirrel -2.jpg (46.09 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I love the title to this last photo, OC. I have a few "bad squirrel" myself. We have had them getting up under two cars....one car had $250 wire-chewing-damage, the other car the A/C doesn't work anymore. Soooo, I was encouraging my cute little Rottweilers to chase the squirrels away from the cars. Not such a good plan....one day we were gone and the dogs tried to get a squirrel out from under the hood. I didn't know dogs could do this to a car!!! This is what my car looks like now. :eek: :bawl: ....."bad squirrel, bad, bad squirrel. :lol:
Attachments
Copy of september 06 019.jpg
Copy of september 06 019.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Copy (2) of september 06 018.jpg
Copy (2) of september 06 018.jpg (20.52 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Charla
oldcoot

My word !!!

Post by oldcoot »

OC guess he wont complain about the Bird House any more. Great shots, sorry for the damage.........OC
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Thanks, OC, for the well wishes. I am sorry about your birdhouse, too. Was it one that you crafted? At least your squirrels are cute, too. And they pose for pictures!
Charla
oldcoot

No, it was OLD

Post by oldcoot »

OC's dad buill it for him, a long,long,time ago. It has been moved several times to several different place, but this is it's final resting place...........
New Topic Post Reply