T is for Turkle!

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

viktoria

T is for Turkle!

Post by viktoria »

Looking for food?

A video would have captured one or another of them finding a soft spot every few steps and suddenly plunging out of sight and then scrambling into view again.
Attachments
Turkeys2.JPG
Turkeys2.JPG (49.35 KiB) Viewed 846 times
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What a cool pic! Turkeys can be quite elusive.
(I have to admit, though, that I was wondering what a "turkle" was when I saw the title of the post.... :lol: )
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Viktoria,

Do you have a lot of wild turkeys? People in this area keep telling me they are making a return here but I have yet to see any in the wild even though I live in the country.

Great catch on this photo!! It looks like the second one from the left is trying to stay "afloat." :lol: :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

We saw one on the road on the way to work yesterday. They are kind of dense as 3 vehicles had to stop while it strolled accross, but then it would go right back on the road again. We have quite a few of them around here. Fun to watch them follow each other around zig-zagging through open fields in the snow.
New Topic Post Reply