Zoo Photo Safari

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

PeggyC

Zoo Photo Safari

Post by PeggyC »

Back in October I entered the photography contest at the local zoo and won best of show with this photograph

My prize... my own personal photo safari with the superintendent of the zoo. I was allowed in some cages and in some cases, like the tiger, I was allowed a great spot but where I was safe. :lol: It really was a miserable today to do this but I'm happy with the photos!! :D I'm only sorry that none of the photos of the bears turned out.

Bobcat

Tiger

Wolf

Bald Eagle

Pallas Cat from Russian, Mongolia and western China - rare as they were almost hunted to extinction for their fur.

Red Panda

Blue-crowned Motmot

Scarlet ibis - although technically a terrible photograph, I love the look of this created from my lens steaming over when I entered the rain forest exhibit.

This elegant crested tinamou met me at the door of the rain forest exhibit and stayed with me the entire time I was there. I had to take care not to step on it!

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Wonderful Pics Peggy! I like them all. The bobcat, egale and the ibis most, but they are all great! Thanks for posting them.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Oh wow Peggy, those are some great photos! What a neat opportunity to be able to do something like this.

The bald eagle is amazing. I never knew there was such a thing as a Red Panda. And what a regal picture of that tiger!

Was this at Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington?
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Hi Jane! Yes, the Miller Park Zoo!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh My God, Peggy!!! Those are excellent!!! I remember that photo contest that you won.....Every picture is so good!! I wish every posted like you....(no scrolling and you can see quality pictures!) The eagle and the red panda I think I like the best!!

Glad you got the change to go to the zoo, and thank-you for sharing!!! :D
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

WOW Peggy!

What amazing photos. The bobcat and ibis are my favorite also. What a fantastic opportunity for you and you certainly took advantage.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Awesome, Peggy! What great fun that must have been!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

WOW! :o Such a great opportunity for you....and US too! Thanks for posting your work...I think the bobcat was my favorite too...I love how he looked like he was in his natural habitat........p :wink:
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

Wow! You are so lucky having this opportunity but as always, yours photos are amazing! I'm not surprised you won the contest! :D
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
barbara

Post by barbara »

Those are beautiful photos, Peggy. You are so talented. Thank you for posting them.
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

Peggy, all of your pictures are beautiful!!
You are very talented!! :wink:
Bonnie
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

That would be so cool! I like the Bobcat, Pallas Cat (want to learn more about that one!), and yes, the Ibis.

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
New Topic Post Reply