What'd I do?

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

eastwood2007

What'd I do?

Post by eastwood2007 »

I took this pic this morning in our lower pasture. I had seen several turkey hanging around then 4 deer came thru right behind them. This is deer meet Mr. Turkey...

Apparently the turkey didn't like the deer getting too close and flared at it. Sorry for the low quality photo...I am surprised that it turned out this good as it was about 150 yards away and I don't have special lenses. :D
Attachments
Copy of april 15 008.jpg
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Amazing you caught that "instant"!! Neat pic!

Yesterday a.m. I thought I heard a pheasant cackling near the house. (We have an acre in a big subdivision; neighbors on all sides. Our lot has tons of 40 yr. old mature trees.)

Looking out to watch the birdfeeders a few minutes later brought a big surprise! There strutted a wild turkey! She (I think...) simply kept cackling and turned into the next yard! Strange!..........p
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

petal*pusher wrote:Amazing you caught that "instant"!! Neat pic!
It was amazing that I caught it at just that moment! I am not a photographer, so really it's amazing that I catch much of anything, anytime. let alone something kinda cool like that. :lol: Yes, turkeys can be just about anywhere anymore. We didn't have any here 6-7 years ago and they have begun migrating from Missouri, where they are plentiful. I am glad you got to enjoy one! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Oh what a great picture! You caught the deer and turkey at the perfect moment!!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Neat!

That is fantastic timing on your part. I think it is great that the turkey is trying to run off the deer - I need turkeys in my yard to keep those hooved devils at bay.

Greata phot and thanks for sharing!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply