Not great pics...my critters ( new pics added)

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Not great pics...my critters ( new pics added)

Post by nanny_56 »

Some of our critters here...

Last edited by nanny_56 on Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I'm glad you got photobucket working! Thanks for sharing!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

It's fun capturing critters in pics, isn't it!

Love watching those fledging sparrows at the bird baths and feeders. They are so cute, watching them trying to land and not fall off. But they keep trying. Has your yard gotten quite yard with them chirping for their parents to come to them from the bushes and trees when they want to feed and are too scared yet to fly to the feeders? Quite a racket they can get up! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

This little guy is very noisy & persistent!! But the Hairy WP baby is even louder! We also have a baby Brown Thrasher right now and baby grackles :evil:. No baby cardinals or blue jays yet, that I've seen anyway. I love it here!!

Four baby racoons showed up thursday night for the critter food.

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

I think I was just reading that the Brown Thrasher is on the decline. It's listed as one of 20. I was surprised at some that were on the list!

We've watched and fed and watered birds for 20+ years and this is the first year we've seen one! I love them. We actually have a pair, and I'm thinking it's be/c of the farm fields being turned into colleges and warehouses near here! Sad........
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

I did not know that until my FIL mentioned it a couple weeks ago. We have 2 pairs nesting across the road. We have so many Bluebirds here you would never believe they have been on the decline.

Daddy Cardinal is bringing baby to our feeders and feeding it!

The one bird that is around here but tough to spot, is the Pileated Woodpecker. We had one show up a couple of times, but it comes a goes so quick have not been able get a photo. We couldn't believe how big it is.

We hear owls but have not seen one yet. We have seen one of the Eagles that nest down by the lake, though. HUGE!!

I have a mystery bird I am trying to ID but I'm working on it. It comes & goes real quick too. Like it doesn't want me to see it!! :lol:

Claudia
Claudia
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Claudia, thanks so much for posting! Love the squirrel with the white tail! :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

another bad photo!!! :lol:

Plus a couple so-so with digital

They come up and bang against the door if there is no food out for them!!!! :lol:

Claudia
Claudia
New Topic Post Reply