Mom & triplets

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Mom & triplets

Post by nanny_56 »

I have seen these guys a couple times on my walks around my block. A couple of saturdays ago the fawns ventured over in our yard, which really stressed mom out!! After several minutes, she was able to get all 3 following her to get them out of there. She had seen me through the window!!
Attachments
resized_image.jpg
resized_image.jpg (20.74 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

How :cool:

I had a freind once that feed them (No, they didn't hunt as some do off their porch! :eek: ). She ended up with one coming through the patio door when she didn't remember to fill the trough! :o

They can wreck havoc in a house!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

wishiwere wrote:

They can wreck havoc in a house!
Two years ago a large buck somehow managed to make his way through two quiet subdivisions here and then entered a huge Episcopal church by breaking a window. The poor deer ran up into the balcony and then fell to the sanctuary floor, suffering massive injuries, and had to be euthanized.

The church is at least 10-15 miles from anything even remotely like what you'd call a wooded area but somehow the deer traveled that distance, crossing several really busy streets on top of everything else.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

That is so neat! I loved watching our female and her tripletts all this past winter. I hope to see them again with their young this fall. It is wonderful to watch Mom keep an eye on the young as they venture out :D

Ginger
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwwww........ :P
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

That is pretty awesome!!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply