Deer for breakfast.

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Squash Blossom

Deer for breakfast.

Post by Squash Blossom »

:wink: Not venison...DEER!

VIDEO LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO THREATENED LEGAL ACTION BY THE VIDEOGRAPHER

This is different! I have a mockingbird who'll eat out of my hand but that's nothing compared to what this couple is doing!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

While it was very :cool: to watch, I'd be especially fearful for when they grow up and expect this when they see this couple out eating themselves one day.

I know of a friend, that wused to feed the local deer, when a hard winter would hit. One year, a buck came through their patio door glass, and bled all over the house attempting to get back out. It was nasty and so sad, as all it wanted was to be free, but couldn't understand how to get out. If she'd never fed them, most likely, this animal would not have come up on the porch in the first place.

so feeding them and watching them is 2 different things. Cool, but scary down the road :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

:cool: To watch but very, very dangerous, for them and the deer. They are causing the deer to lose their fear of man, so that will make them easy targets come hunting season. :eek:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

The link to the video on Yahoo has been removed due to threatened legal action by the videographer.

It is their contention that a link here at Hallson Gardens taking people to their copyrighted material posted on yahoo video is a violation of copyright law.

I will be contacting my attorney in regards to this matter. The link has been removed and the post locked.
Locked Locked