Oriole

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Oriole

Post by Ed_B »

Oriole
Attachments
Oriole 1.JPG
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Nice1 Just something about those birds...
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

We have a pair nesting in the yard again this year! My challenge is they keep tipping the hummingbird feeders and sipping the nectar!

I have an oriole feeder ready to get out tomorrow....and some grape jelly!.....beautiful pic!......p :wink:
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH I haven't seen any of those for years. Very pretty birds and a very good shot.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

Thanks ladies

We seem to have an abundance of them this year, once they find the grape jelly, there home :lol:
There are two males fighting over the same female, so I am hoping that we get a pair nesting, that would be great.
Ed
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Great picture and reports about orioles. We had a couple one year and the cardinals chased them.
I put oranges and grape jelly in another area of the yard and they enjoyed that year and never came back that I know of.

p.s. The raccoon also found the grapes and grape jelly and liked it immensely.
I really didn't think the raccoon could reach it or climb down the wire, but......... fooled me!
New Topic Post Reply