Talking starling?

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Talking starling?

Post by Annie »

I did not know that starlings could be taught to talk! This is really cute :lol:
I've got to have one now! I see they are legal to keep too because they are an invasive bird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpYHYrMnffc
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I can send you some!! :lol:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Adorable!! :lol:
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Such a fun show! There IS "something" very intelligent about starlings. I love hearing their borrowed chatter in the big old cottonwood tree out behind one of the school greenhouses...obviously mimicking other birds.

Have you ever taken the time to really watch how they fly in groups?? There's some type of communication we just cannot see! It's beautiful how they flock together and seem to have a "secret-pre-planned-flying-pattern" as they weave their way thru the sky!! Sometimes they'll form a huge upwards spiral...then just break apart. (And us humans think we're so smart!!)............p :lol:
New Topic Post Reply