oink oink ..... See my garden buddies for today

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

oink oink ..... See my garden buddies for today

Post by Pandora »

DH and I were working on our screened in porch and 2 large pigs trotted by! I was very amazed. They grazed in our yard and by the edge of the woods for a couple hours and also took some naps in the cool woods.

I ran some water for them and they both came trotting over, but the bucket was too high to get there snouts in so I had to find a smaller bucket. As I went back and forth to the garage they followed me everywhere. I have never owned pigs and I'm not usually afraid of many animals, but I was a bit intimidated by the teeth.

I called the Sheriff's office and he came out and explained they were from a farm about 10-15 miles away. Wow! I thought that was quite a ways. The guy is incarcerated and a neighbor had them pinned but they escaped again. ((the pigs could teach him a lesson or 2)) The deputy said there was nothing they could do and no animal rescue would help. Hmmmm.

They were at my house all day and every time they saw me they trotted over. I talked to them, but never tried to pet one.

If they stick around, I might call back and tell them to get any farmer to bring a trailer and I could probably lead them in. I just don't want to know their fate. :evil:
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

:o :o :o
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: :lol: Pot Belly Pigs!! I had something similiar happen, but it was only one and his owner showed up quickly..

They are smart, and some people say they make good pets, I don't think they taste very good though :wink:

Ginger
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I think I would try to get hold of a rehabber or talk to an Animal rescue myself. Do they plan on letting them just remain lose breed and then have wild pigs running around??? Good grief!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Awww ain't they cute!!!?!!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Muffy »

We used to have 1 for a pet...a Pot Bellied pig, Wilbur! Remember him Annie? I think anyone would take them...they are excellent pets!
New Topic Post Reply