frogs

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

bl200366
USDA Zone: 7

frogs

Post by bl200366 »

I have some tiny baby frogs. My son brought home tadpoles from somebody who was disassembling their pond. We're moving next week and I need to find a safe home for them. There are 4 of them. I've been told they're probably tree frogs. They're black and really tiny - about the size of a fingernail - though they just evolved from tadpole stage last week.

If anybody would like them, I'm slightly north of Champaign.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: frogs

Post by Chris_W »

They sound really neat, but that's too bad you have to find a home for them so quickly. Are they native or were they collected in the area? If so you could maybe find a natural spot to just let them go. If they are tree frogs they should do fine in any semi-moist, wooded areas. I know they don't need much in the way of water to thrive, so long as there is a small body of water nearby for them to lay eggs.

Good luck!

Chris
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I agree with Chris...just find an appropriate spot and turn them loose.
And welcome to the Hallson forum, btw. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Welcome to the forum!

I can see how you'd want to be sure they were taken care of...I have little tree frogs that get on my windows at night and catch the bugs that come to the light. I look forward to seeing them every evening - even if it is only their little white bellies I see most of the time pressed to the glass on the outside! :lol: Every once in awhile I'll find one in the potted plants when I am watering.

Good luck on your move!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply