More squirrels ancd more squirrels

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

More squirrels ancd more squirrels

Post by oldcoot »

Morning eveerybody..OC checking in. He got some definitive news about the squirrel and deer population this morning that he thought you might be interested.The dont know why, but on the East coast these is a huge shortage of nuts and acorns. The squirrels and the DEER are moving in closer to shurbs and bird feedeers because of this...........OH MY.....Global Warming maybe ?????

That Old Coot named John :D :D :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Re: More squirrels ancd more squirrels

Post by Spider »

Perhaps the oak trees are dying from disease or are being leveled for development.

Good to see you on so often OC! Heres a squirrel for you. :) (Click on him to make him bigger)

Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I have been hearing a lot about this on other sites I go too. Not a problem here! I am even furnishing water for all the critters this winter. :lol:
DSCF5338 (Small).jpg
DSCF5338 (Small).jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

In 2007 we had that late freeze in April. It knocked all the blooms off the walnut and hedge trees, so we had few walnuts and not one hedge apple - which is what the squirrels eat around here. After that we didn't see a squirrel all summer last year - 2008.
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply