American Tree Sparrow

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

American Tree Sparrow

Post by nanny_56 »

This is my new favorite little winter bird!! They are just soo cute but seem a little spunky maybe. We seem to have several around this year along with the White-thoated. We alos have one Fox Sparrow that comes everyday!
Attachments
American Tree Sparrow
American Tree Sparrow
DSCF6446 (Small).jpg (39.13 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
DSCF6456 (Small).jpg
DSCF6456 (Small).jpg (43.97 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
DSCF6463 (Small).jpg
DSCF6463 (Small).jpg (38.1 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Re: American Tree Sparrow

Post by Annie »

I love those little guys/gals! We have tons of them and a different variety of sparrows around here.
I wasn't sure what type of sparrow they were, so you taught me something this morning :)

I even got a bird book but there are so many different types of sparrows I wasn't sure whats what.

Thanks for the ID!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Glad to help out!! :D

I took me all last year to learn the ones that I do know so far. I made a Sparrow folder and when I would get them ID'd I put them in there. I have several shots of all of them from different angles...it really helps. Just in trouble if I ever get a new one!!

I need to do the same with all my warblers. That may be hopeless though...so many look so similar!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Annie

Post by Annie »

That's cool you keep a folder, I never thought of doing that! I'm going to start one.
I know a lot of different birds, but some look to much alike for me to tell the difference!
Know I know who to come to if I get stuck on a bird name :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

OC has photo a photo album where he keep the pictures of Birds. And dwhen I get stumped, he post the photo on the Yanoo Bird-Pix firum, It whure doesn't take long to get the right answer,,,,,,,,OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

HI OC!!!!!! Big HUGS to you!!!!!

I post on a birdwatching forum an another site that shall remain nameless since I got a tongue lasing the last time. There is a few but so worth it to me.

Would be glad to help you out anytime Annie. :P
Check for a PM
Claudia
Annie

Post by Annie »

I joined one too.
Just the other day as a matter of fact :D

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply