A Lil Batty

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

A Lil Batty

Post by kHT »

I was sitting here at my desk working on some photos and out of the corner of my eye I spotted something flying.
I was watering which brings in the butterflies but this was a little bigger and black!! We didn't get close!! :lol:

It landed on the back window screen and returned this evening so DH could see it, too!
Attachments
DSC05212.JPG
DSC05212.JPG (75.74 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
DSC05214.JPG
DSC05214.JPG (52.04 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: A Lil Batty

Post by govgirl75 »

Love the little feet and hands. Little furry buggers.
We got one of those little suckers in the house after he hung out above our screen door one cool evening. He was warming himself in the air rising from the top of the door and "dropped in" while we were going in and out bringing in groceries. Took 2 days to get him out.
Glad he didn't turn out to be Dracula. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, though, we do have a bat house in the yard and would be very happy if they took up residence there.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Cool, but isn't it odd for them to be out during the day? I thought they were dusk to dawn critters. I would love to have them around my house, they are great at keeping the mosquitos at bay.

I just flashed back to Steven King's "Salems Lot" He is scratching at the window waiting for an invite in so he can drink your blood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Ginger wrote:Cool, but isn't it odd for them to be out during the day? I thought they were dusk to dawn critters. I would love to have them around my house, they are great at keeping the mosquitos at bay.

I just flashed back to Steven King's "Salems Lot" He is scratching at the window waiting for an invite in so he can drink your blood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ginger
They do on occasion come out during the day. I've seen lots of them growing up just hanging on sides of trees :) About like any other nocturnal critter.

OMG I was sooooo scared after I read that book! Especially the window scratching part LOL. I had just got done reading it and was sound asleep when I heard some one scratching on the screen outside my bedroom window, and some one was whispering my name! I almost peed my pants :lol:
But it was my brother, and he just was on leave from the army and got back in the middle of the night. Didn't want to wake any body, well except me! :lol: :lol:

That's so cool you got a picture of the lil sap sucker!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

:lol: Annie! Almost the same thing happened to me after I finished reading it. My sister came over to see me and I had the curtain open and she scratched on the window screen to let me know she was there. Scared the bee jesus out of me :lol: :lol:

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
New Topic Post Reply