Bald Eagle

Discuss garden critters and wildlife, good or bad, such as birds, mammals, insects, etc.

Moderator: Chris_W

steg
USDA Zone: 5

Bald Eagle

Post by steg »

Can you spot the bald eagle in the pic??? First time I've seen one. He or She had been flying around the observation deck, I wasn't that lucky. This pic was with a 70-300mm lens tapped out. Oh well, I tried. :lol: :lol:
Attachments
dead center....top of tree
dead center....top of tree
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Re: Bald Eagle

Post by Spider »

For a first sighting any pic is a good pic. :D Congratulations! Now you'll see them everywhere! The best time to see them is in the winter when the rivers are partially frozen, they will gather at the open areas.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

Thanks Spider. I tried to get up there before all the trees had leaves. Unfortunately it was a little over a mile hike to the overlook. I was there with my 4 year old. Behind me were some HUGE storms clouds rolling in (no umbrella with me :lol: ). Since she couldn't see anything, I took off to beat the rain.

It was pretty neat. The cropped picture here is terrible, but you can see the eagle and the nest just below it.

Oh well.....next time.
Attachments
DSC_0114_crop.JPG
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Any sighting of a Bald Eagle is awesome....they do just take your breathe away. Have seen them in flight but not perched and not one photo yet! Congrats!! :beer:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Kas

Post by Kas »

We had five of them circling around at once, yesterday. They were hanging out over the intersection while we were waiting for the light to turn green. Pretty cool. We see them all the time, out here.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
gardengirl13
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by gardengirl13 »

Nice! i love bald eagle photos! I wish I had the camera a couple months ago we came home from grocery shopping a two swooped down about 25 feet above our heads! VERY COOL!
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted

To see my photos please visit http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13
New Topic Post Reply