What's on your wish list for 2005

Use this forum to discuss Hemerocallis (daylilies).

Moderators: Chris_W, John

hagranger

What's on your wish list for 2005

Post by hagranger »

I am still hunting dragons so that's at the top of list for 2005 ...
However, I would love to find a nice Primal Scream to go with my Creepy Crawler

I am also interested in getting Sea Urchin, Tooth, Sug and Toma ...

**Please note I have permission to use whatever photographs I am showing as long as I'm using them as a teaching or demonstration tool and not using them for my personal gain ... also, please note that in the tagline I have indicated pertinent information about the daylily and where the photo is from ...

Helen
Attachments
WarDragonPhotofromCulverFarmDaylilies.jpg
Tooth Hansen D 2001 Purple w lilac halo one tooth on petal sometimes EV 32 ERe 6.5 Benrose daylily.jpg
Dragon Heart Salter E SEV dip 24 3.5  M Re Photo Ridaught Daylily Farm.jpg
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

My gosh Helen......I still haven't got done picking my hosta's out yet! :o :lol: Do you know how long I take to decide? :o

Nice pic's!! I do have more sun than anything, so I will be getting a few new daylilies.....But I haven't even BEGUN to look at them yet..... :roll:
Patricia M

Post by Patricia M »

Wow! Those are all nice! However, I think I like Dragon Heart best. I'm a sucker for pink.

I'm getting Tholian Web and Fractal from Floyd Cove.
I'm also getting Lavender Heartthrob, America's Most Wanted, and Toas. I'm going to try and leave it at that for this year.

Have a wonderful day and a Happy New Year everyone!
Trish
Life is a wheel, what you put on it comes back to you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/trish_m
Annika

Post by Annika »

I've been nice to myself this year and have ordered 'Wren's Song' and 'Amish Linen'. I've also ordered a bunch from Marietta, mostly some slightly older Stamiles but also 'Kickin Chicken' and 'Cups of Blessings' from the Shooters. Sad thing is that this means that I definately have to let the big Pear tree in our front yard go, the space is needed.( but I have a Sorbus 'Dodong' that will eventually grow large )

Annika
Patricia M

Post by Patricia M »

Oh, nice choices Annika! I looked at both of them and drooled. I thought long and hard about Wren's Song. I didn't see your other two in the shooter's (Marietta) catalog. But, I bet they are lovely!
Trish

Annika

Post by Annika »

Trish, they are 2005 intros and you can see them in the 2005 paper catalogue or online.

Annika
jay dee

'05 wish list

Post by jay dee »

From Stamile - WREN'S SONG, ZEPHYR'S SONG, FROG'S EYE, ORCHID WATERFALL and I'll probably order BALI WATERCOLOR before the order is shipped.

From Kinnebrew - ALEXA KATHERYN, CATCHER IN THE EYE, SPACECOAST SEA SHELLS

From Salter - SPRING SENSATION, NOUVOU ANTIQUE

I saw Mr. Kinnebrew and the Salter's in November so have ALEXA KATHERYN, SPRING SENSATION & NOUVOU ANTIQUE already growing under lights so should have blooms by April.

I haven't seen the catalogs from Kirchhoff/Morss and Dr. Carr yet so I don't know if I'm done for the year or not. Done for the year translates into "hopefully I won't buy anymore until I make the trip to FL for peak bloom at the hybridizers".

jay dee
jay dee

'05 wish list

Post by jay dee »

From Stamile - WREN'S SONG, ZEPHYR'S SONG, FROG'S EYE, ORCHID WATERFALL and I'll probably order BALI WATERCOLOR before the order is shipped.

From Kinnebrew - ALEXA KATHERYN, CATCHER IN THE EYE, SPACECOAST SEA SHELLS

From Salter - SPRING SENSATION, NOUVOU ANTIQUE

I saw Mr. Kinnebrew and the Salter's in November so have ALEXA KATHERYN, SPRING SENSATION & NOUVOU ANTIQUE already growing under lights so should have blooms by April.

I haven't seen the catalogs from Kirchhoff/Morss and Dr. Carr yet so I don't know if I'm done for the year or not. Done for the year translates into "hopefully I won't buy anymore until I make the trip to FL for peak bloom at the hybridizers".

jay dee
Annika

Post by Annika »

ohhh, ........... what a nice collection of new plants ! I was looking at Frog's Eye a looong time :D Maybe next year ...

Annika
Patricia M

Post by Patricia M »

Annika,
Sorry, I must have glanced over the catalog too fast. I took a second look and there they are. They are both nice, but I like Cup of Blessings better.

Jay Dee,

What a great list! I looked and looked at Spacecoast Sea Shells and many of the other ones you have ordered. (Stamile is my favorite hybridizer.) But, I decided to behave myself this year, so I'm going to try and be happy with what I already bought. HA, we'll see of that actually happens.

Happy New Year All,
Trish

toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Helen, I think I like War Dragon the best.

Annika, I really liked the name of Kicken Chicken. I had to see what the flower looked like . . . beautiful!

Jay Dee, a great list. I loved ZEPHYR'S SONG, but had to choose only one.

I too have ordered Wren's Song. My only 2005 introd.

Some older ones I've ordered are

PEARL HARBOR
MY FEATHERED FRIEND
MY DARLING CLEMENTINE
LOTS OF PIZAZZ - my only Diploid I've ordered this year.

I was really trying to increase my yellow and cream parents for hybridizing.

tma
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
jay dee

wish list

Post by jay dee »

Toomanyanimals - You will love PEARL HARBOR and the seedlings you get from it. Another light/cream daylily that is a great parent is VICTORIAN LACE, Stamile. Bob Carr also has several new ones that are giving great seedlings and if you don't have SHERRY LANE CARR, yellow, it is a must. It gives beautiful light/cream/pink seedlings too.

I was bad last night and added to my Stamile order, EDGE OF SHANGRILA. I have a seedling that is light with a darker pink edge that just cries for that pollen.

jay dee
Patricia M

Post by Patricia M »

Wonderful info Jay Dee. I might have to add some things to my list. I'm trying to be very good this year. I didn't get Toas and America's most wanted. When I sent in the order I got:
New Directions
Amadas
Lime Frost
Lemonade Flurry
Devonshire Dutchess (my mom was from Devon, so I had to have it.)

I might have to add Pearl Harbor now. :D Great White is supposed to be wonderful too.
Trish

gardner4eternity

Post by gardner4eternity »

Well, I splurged and ordered Mort Morss. There are thousands of others I'd like, being a beginner collector, but I'll have to take it slow for now!

Sandy
lessa's dh
Location: usually next to lessa! Latitude = 42.7304, Longitude = -80.9952, Altitude = 233m or 764.4ft

Post by lessa's dh »

:o mmmmmmmmm - WarDragon - mmmmmmmmm :)
Compostaphile and Compostaphobe -- To rot or not to rot . . .

ps. I don't have a hosta list - lessa took them all!!

Latitude - Longitude:
42.727844,-80.87182
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Down Boy, Down! Now go take a cold shower :lol: :lol:
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

War Dragon 8-)
Beautiful
Helen, if i ever make a perfect seedling, it will sure have Dragon in the name :lol: . and you will have it send as pants :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Annika

Post by Annika »

Jay dee, I have ordered 'Sherry Lane Carr' this year as everyone says it is hardy and wonderful. I want more yellows ! I also ordered 'Stone Beacon' from the Stamiles and hope that the 2 above will make great kids together.

Annika
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I will have to look up all what you guys are getting.....I got my daylily catalog the other day, and now it's time to start looking them up......I want to get just a few...... :roll:
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

Helen,
So you are "Still Hunting the Dragons" :lol:
Get back to me this spring to see if I have an extra fan of Little Red Dragon. Maybe we can work something out. 8-)

I have a picture of it on the other computer, but that one is acting funny today. Hubby put a new block on it for the kids.

Annika,
You will have to let me know how much you like Sherry Lane Carr. I already have Bill Norris. I thought that one was supposed to be a good yellow parent.
Does anyone know which one is supposed to be best? :-?
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply